The NSW Government has funding available for regional sport hubs or regionally significant sport facilities.
State Member for the Electorate of Cessnock, Clayton Barr, MP encourages eligible applicants to make an application to the Office of Sports, Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund.
Eligible applicants include:
- local government authorities;
- NSW state sporting organisations;
- incorporated, community-based, not-for-profit sporting organisations (clubs and associations whose primary purpose is to organise sporting activities/deliver sport programs) and those organisations providing sport and recreation programs that benefit the community such as PCYCs, YMCA and YWCA;
- educational organisations (such as schools, TAFEs and universities) in conjunction with local councils, and local or state sporting entities;
- private enterprises.
The Regional Sports Infrastructure Fund provides grants between $1 million and $10 million for regional sport hubs or regionally significant sport facilities
The Fund aims to:
- increase the number and type of regional sporting facilities
- improve the standard of existing regional sporting facilities
- increase participation in sport.
Applications are currently open and will close at 5pm on Friday 4 May 2018.
For eligibility criteria and application forms, visit: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/regional-sports-infrastructure