The Local Sport Defibrillator Grant Program allocates grants to assist local sporting clubs across NSW in the purchase and maintenance of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs).
The program offers NSW sports clubs and councils the opportunity to acquire an AED package for their club or sports facility at a reduced cost. An AED package will include an AED, AED familiarisation instruction and a minimum of six years of essential AED maintenance.
State Member for the Electorate of Cessnock, Clayton Barr, MPencourages eligible applicants to make an application to the Office of Sports. “This program makes sports safer for our local sporting groups and their supporters.”
More than 33,000 Australians experience cardiac arrest every year and early access to CPR and defibrillation can influence survival rates by up to 75 percent. Survival rates from sudden cardiac arrest decrease each minute defibrillation is delayed. Early access to CPR and defibrillation will improve the chance of survival.
“I encourage all of our local sporting groups and organisations to make an application so that you can have potentially life-saving equipment on hand for players and spectators in case of an emergency incident occurring” said Mr Barr.
Eligible applicants include:
- Incorporated, not-for-profit sports clubs in NSW
- State or national sporting organisations on behalf of member clubs located in NSW
- Licensed sporting clubs, providing that the project directly benefits sporting activities
- Sport clubs associated with a school, church or university providing they are an incorporated not for profit club in their own right
- Councils on behalf of sports clubs
- Councils, sport and recreational facilities owners on behalf of sports clubs
- Service clubs such as Rotary, CWA and Lions, on behalf of sporting clubs
Applications are currently open and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 8 April 2020 unless funding allocation is exhausted prior.
For eligibility criteria and application forms, visit: https://sport.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/defibrillator?fbclid=IwAR2pCcUSPDEe98p08XtW8pbGPtztSO0Bkhk7VSk5ruHybOobU94D-7uHK_0