State Member, Clayton Barr, MP is pleased to announce the successful recipients in the Cessnock Electorate who are to receive funding from the 2018/19 Local Sport Grant Program.
The Local Sport Grant Program provides funding to incorporated, not-for-profit grassroots sport clubs, with the Program aiming to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport.
The successful recipients for the 2018/19 Local Sport Grant Program are:
- Abermain Rams Football Club is to receive $2,872 for the purchase of playing shirts and equipment.
- Abermain Weston Hawks RLFC is to receive $5,000 for subsidised registration fees for players.
- Cessnock Amateur Swimming Club is to receive $1,000 for the provision of an intensified swim program for participants.
- Cessnock Amateur Swimming Club is to receive $2,000 for subsidised uniform and equipment costs.
- Greta Workers Sports and Recreation Club Ltd is to receive $20,000 to enable the installation of an automatic irrigation system for the bowling green.
- Kurri Kurri Junior Motorcycle Club is to receive $5,000 for the purchase of a tractor to maintain the race track.
- Kurri Kurri Netball Association is to receive $5,000 to enable the purchase of heavy duty marquees for weather protection at games and carnivals.
- Kurri Kurri Tennis Club is to receive $7,128 to upgrade the floodlighting for 4 tennis courts.
- West Wallsend Soccer Club is to receive $2,000 for the provision of FFA C licence course for coaches.
“I would like to offer my congratulations to the successful groups” said Mr Barr. “This funding will allow for much needed work to be undertaken to improve facilities in the Cessnock Electorate.”