State Member, Clayton Barr, MP is pleased to announce the successful recipients in the Cessnock Electorate who are to receive funding from the 2020/21 Local Sport Grant Program.
The Local Sport Grant Program aims to increase regular and ongoing participation opportunities in sport and active recreation across all electorates in NSW.
Funding was available for four types of projects: Sport Development, Community Sport Events, Sport Access, and Facility Development. Under each project type varying maximum amounts of funding was available for: Sport Development – $2,000, Community Sport Events – $5,000, Sport Access – $5,000 and Facility Development – $15,000.
Mr Barr said, “The grants provide our local sporting groups and organisations with the opportunity to build their coaching programs, purchase new equipment and/or uniforms, subsidise registration, upgrade their facilities and more.”
The successful recipients for the 2020/2021 Local Sport Grant Program in the Cessnock Electorate are:
- Abermain Weston Hawks RLFC is to receive $3,000 for the purchase of playing and training equipment for their new women’s team.
- Branxton Golf Club Co-op Ltd is to receive $15,000 for the installation of a recycled water storage tank to assist in drought-proofing the course.
- Cessnock District Hockey Association is to receive $2,921 to hold a hockey event to encourage new players and pre players to compete in a structured sporting event.
- Coalfields United Amateur Swimming Club Inc is to receive $1,922 for the provision of swimming and water safety training courses.
- East Cessnock Bowling Club is to receive $4,042 for a boxing skills participation weekend.
- East Cessnock Bowling Club is to receive $5,000 for the purchase of a boxing ring.
- Edgeworth Eagles Football Club is to receive $3,690 for the purchase of a ride-on mower for field maintenance.
- Fernances Creek Riding Club is to receive $2,500 for the upgrade of the showjumping and dressage arena surface at their grounds.
- Hotel Cessnock Cricket Club is to receive $3,360 for the installation of bench type seating at Michael Drain Oval
- Hunter District Cycling Club is to receive $3,000 for the Hunter District Cycling Time Trial event.
- Hunter Valley Football Association is to receive $1,992 to purchase football training equipment.
- Weston Junior Football Club is to receive $750 for the development of a new website for the club.
“I would like to offer my congratulations to the successful groups,” said Mr Barr. “This funding will help local sporting groups and organisations within the Cessnock Electorate to upgrade existing equipment and facilities and encourage both males and females to increase their participation in sport.”