State Member for the Electorate of Cessnock, Clayton Barr, MP is encouraging eligible applicants to apply for round three of the Stronger Country Communities Fund 2019 before the 5pm September 27, 2019 deadline.
Round three will provide $100 million for community projects in regional NSW, with $50 million for youth-related infrastructure and programs and $50 million for local community infrastructure and programs.
The Stronger Country Community Fund will cover programs and events as well as infrastructure and is open to local councils, eligible not-for-profit and community organisations. Councils must consult with their communities to ensure the submitted projects have a high level of community support.
Projects must seek grant funding of $50,000 or more.
Youth-related projects must be for:
- Development of new or upgrades to existing infrastructure for young people; or
- Delivering programs for young people.
Youth-related projects must be aligned to the areas of community, wellbeing, connectivity and work readiness.
General community amenity projects must be for:
- construction of new, or upgrades to existing, local community infrastructure
- construction of new, or upgrades to existing, local sporting infrastructure
- capital works related to street beautification and other public places that promote the health, happiness and wellbeing of the community
- delivering programs that benefit the local community
- infrastructure to assist the delivery of general community programs.
Successful projects will be announced from January 2020.
For more information and eligibility criteria please visit: www.nsw.gov.au/strongercountrycommunities